Our therapists have trained with the Kinesio Taping Association International.
What is KINESIO TAPING?
- A new method of taping that can be used at any stage in almost any injury (recent or chronic).
- Kinesio taping uses light weight elastic therapeutic tape that mimics qualities of the human skin. This tape is latex free allowing its use on virtually all patients without any allergic reaction.
- Its been adopted and used by well known athletes, because it enhances muscle performance and prevents further injury and fatigue. It does not limit movement and allows correct movement in injured areas.
- It is now used by many therapists and doctors in all individuals, weather competitive athletes or not.
Before & After
- Kinesio taping can be used for multiple purposes.
- Depending on the tension, application positioning and design, it can help decrease tension, promote a muscle contraction and synergy of contractions, as well as edema control.
- The above is an example of how kinesio tape is applied for edema, in this case, for resorption of a large hematoma (bruise) from a hamstring tear.
- Pictures are 48 hrs apart.
Is there training required for someone to apply KINESIO TAPING?
- The positioning of the tape as well as the tension given while applying the tape will yield different results. Knowledge of human anatomy and training on tape application is crucial to taping success.
- Our therapists have trained with the Kinesio Taping Association International.